To give online to Plymouth, please use the Donate Online button on the right side of each webpage. To make an annual pledge, click on the buttons below to open a printable form that can be returned to the Church Office.Annual Pledge
The Stewardship Department:
- develops and implements a comprehensive fund raising strategy (annual, new member, capital and legacy giving).
- endeavors to raise the congregation’s awareness of the relationship between our giving and our faith.
- The President and Treasurer serve as ex-officio, voting members of the Stewardship Department.
“Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work.”
2 Corinthians 9:7-8
Planning a gift is both an investment in the future of Plymouth Church and a way to accomplish your financial and philanthropic goals. When planned gifts are received, all funds are added to the Foundation Fund, Plymouth’s endowment fund. Generous gifts from Plymouth members have enabled the Foundation Fund to become a critically important resource to support Plymouth’s mission.
There are many ways you can make a planned gift to Plymouth:
- by naming Plymouth as a beneficiary in your will or living trust
- by donating assets in return for life income
- by making Plymouth a partial beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy
A planned gift offers an excellent way to provide major support to Plymouth, while realizing personal philanthropic, spiritual and financial goals. It is a way to demonstrate to future generations that Plymouth Church was important to you.
In the year of the gift you may receive significant tax benefits. A planned gift will enable Plymouth to expand its ministry beyond what can be supported by Annual Fund pledges and gifts. All planned gifts to Plymouth Church of Shaker Heights are added, when received, to its endowment, the Foundation Fund, for benefit of Plymouth Church.
Plymouth welcomes your inquiry to learn more about planned giving opportunities. Please call the Senior Minister, the chair of the Foundation Fund, the church President, or contact the church office. Where appropriate, we will help you meet with a trained, professional staff member of the UCC Financial Development Ministry.
Plymouth Legacy Society
Plymouth Church recognizes individuals who have demonstrated their feelings toward Plymouth by making a planned gift. By notifying the church you have made a planned gift, you are entitled to become a member of the Plymouth Legacy Society. This membership gives us all the opportunity to thank and recognize you for your generosity in helping to ensure that Plymouth’s future is secure. (Requests for anonymity are respected)
Plymouth Foundation Fund
The Plymouth Church Foundation Fund was established in 1959 as an endowment for the benefit of Plymouth Church. The goals of the fund are to provide Plymouth Church with:
- A strong financial foundation in the years to come
- A repository for special gifts, bequests and memorials
- A capacity to continue a vigorous role in the programs of religious education, ministry and worship
- A helpful resource if a crisis occurs or a great need arises
The Church Council appoints six trustees from the congregation to manage the fund. The trustees have the responsibility to assure the Foundation Fund’s status as a long-term endowment resource.
The trustees monitor domestic and global market conditions and adjust the Fund’s investments as needed. Church Council has final authority over withdrawals from the Fund’s unrestricted assets.
Currently, the Foundation Fund contributes 5% of its annual market value to Plymouth’s operating budget.
Want to learn more? Talk with any of our helpful Plymouth staff or volunteers!