The Green Initiative has been planting herbs, tomatoes and flowers for cutting and sharing with members and visitors. We have also worked with ArtsPlymouth on landscaping plans and the installation of shrubs in the Peace Pole area on the east side of the church.
We continue to save Plymouth money in the following ways:
- Watering with rain barrel water
- Water-saving toilets
- Window treatments for the conference room to reduce heat loss
- Educational programs about sustainable practices for the congregation
- Energy-saving, compact fluorescent bulbs throughout the church facility
- Buy from local vendors
- Install compact fluorescent bulbs
- Turn off your computer monitor and put your computer to sleep when you leave your desk
- Carry reusable bags to the grocery store
- Use both sides of paper
- Bike and walk more often and take the Rapid
- Use cloth towels instead of paper towels in the kitchen
- Use “green” cleaning supplies
- Read the monthly Perspective newsletter online instead of receiving a paper copy in the mail to cut down on paper, postage and staff time (send request to email@example.com).
- Read our Green Corner monthly articles from the Perspective for helpful tips
Want to learn more? Talk with any of our helpful Plymouth staff or volunteers!